Everything You Need to Know About Playing Online Slots in Canada
Over half the games at Canada-facing online casinos are slots. Players love slots because they are easy to play, entertaining, relaxing, and rewarding. Playing slots does not require any skills or strategies.
The basics of playing slots could hardly be easier; you deposit a coin, or coins, pull the lever, and compare the results to the machine's payout schedule. Slot machines generally make some noise when a player hits a winning combination, whether a clanging, a ringing or a voice screaming 'Hooray!' There are decisions to be made about which slot machines to play and how much to play in them; selecting wisely will help increase your winnings.
100% Up To 500CAD
100% up to 500 CAD+100FS
400% Up To 1020 CAD + 350 FS
Slot Popularity in Canada – Why Canadians Love Playing Slots
- Canada is home to 200,000+ slots. Moreover, several offshore online casinos allow Canadians to play multi-vendor slots on their instant-play software platforms.
- Slots can turn a few lucky players into millionaires overnight.
- You can choose from classic slots, bonus slots, progressive slots, five-reel slots, and many other varieties.
- You can play a lot of online slots for free using no deposit bonuses.
- Online slots offer higher return to player (RTP) percentages than land-based slots.
Play Real Money Online Slots in Canada
The fun of playing slots lies in wagering real money on them and winning real money prizes. Here is a table to show you how to get started
|Find a reputed Canadian online casino.||Choose a casino from our list of top-rated offshore online casinos that accept Canadian players.|
|Make a Deposit||
How Do Slots Work?
- Each pokie has an inbuilt software program called random number generator (RNG), which generates random results.
- When you spin the reels of a pokie, the machine picks one of the thousands of possible results and displays it on your screen.
- The RNG neither thinks nor remembers. So, the results of the previous spin are not related to the results of the next spin.
- The pokie accepts your bet, spins the reels, and generates an outcome at random.
- If the outcome is a winning combination, you win a prize.
Each pokie has different odds, and your chances of winning the top jackpot vary from one pokie to the other. A basic understanding of the following is essential before playing slots online:
|Random Number Generator (RNG)||
|Payouts and Symbol Combinations||
|Return to Player (RTP)>||
Mechanics of Progressive Jackpots
A progressive jackpot is called so because it progresses in value every time players bet on the game. The following explains the mechanics of a progressive jackpot:
- Each progressive jackpot has two parts—the seed value and the value that progresses.
- When a player wins a progressive jackpot, the online casino resets it to its seed value. Some progressive slots have reset values close to a million CAD.
- Whenever you bet on a pokie, the online casino uses a fraction of it to fund the progressive jackpot.
- The progressive jackpot grows with every bet players place on the game.
- It may grow to several million CAD before someone wins it.
How to Play: Step By Step Guide
Here is a simple guide to playing a pokie:
- Choose the desired pokie and click or tap on it to load it in your browser.
- Decide the number of pay lines you would like to play on
- Adjust your bet amount.
- Click on “Spin.”
- Collect your prize if a winning combination of symbols appears on the screen.
- You may also unlock bonus features at the end of a spin.
- Play again and again.
Some important tips for the game
- It is generally best to play the maximum permitted number of coins because often, by playing fewer coins you sacrifice a percentage of the payback. If you can't afford to play five coins in a $5 machine, play the quarter or nickel machines. Do note that some machines pay on a flat schedule where if you win with one coin, you receive your coin wagered plus one coin, if you win with five coins, you receive your five coins wagered plus five coins more. With such a machine, playing with fewer coins will make your money last longer and have you in the running for a jackpot on more pulls.
- Everybody of course wants to hit the jackpot but you shouldn't underestimate the value of smaller wins gained over time.
- Slot machines with more than three reels offer bigger payouts but are considerably more difficult to win. To calculate your odds of hitting a jackpot, multiply the number of symbols on each reel by the number of reels in a progressive multiplication. For example, for a five reel machine with 10 symbols on each reel; 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 equals odd of 1 in 100,000 of hitting a jackpot.
- It is always desirable for a slot machine to offer "wild" symbols which can count as whichever symbol you need to win, but you must be mindful of the other payout factors of the particular machine.
- Talking to the slot personnel on the casino floor can yield useful information about which machines have the best and/or most frequent payouts. Offer the person a dollar or two to speak with you and indicate that if you win, you will give them an additional tip for giving you the low-down on the casino's slots.
- When in a casino that's new to you, walk the floor, learn the machines, especially their payout schedules, pay attention to which machines are most often making "You've Won!" noises. The machines which pay most often and which therefore make the most noise tend to be placed in the heavily trafficked areas of a casino. You must, however, be cautious, as a common strategy of casino owners is to put frequently paying machines, called "loose" slots, next to infrequently playing ones called "tight" slots. Do not just automatically play a machine which is next to a frequent payer.
- Casinos offer many sorts of comps and players' clubs bonuses and extras. You might benefit by "shopping" for a casino based in part on the benefits they offer. Because some casinos increase benefits for frequent players, you might do well to pick one casino and play there only.
- The smart slots player decides how much money he will wager on slots before entering a casino and will not go one penny over that limit. A lucky player leaves the casino with more do-re-mi than he had upon entering.
Slots Rules FAQs
Is it legal to play online slots in Canada?
Canadian laws target operators and not individual players. Playing at offshore online casinos isn’t illegal. Sign up legally at any site that isn’t blocked by the Canadian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
Can I play slots for free?
All Canada-facing online casinos allow you to play slots for free. You can also claim free spins bonuses and use them on your favorite slots.
Can I play slots on the move?
Yes. Many of our recommended Canadian slots casinos offer native apps for Android and iOS. You can also play in your browser via a web app.
Can I check the game history?
Yes, you can check your gaming history whenever you wish by clicking on the clock icon on your game screen.
What happens if I get disconnected while playing a pokie?
The online casino’s software system completes the round and credits winnings, if any, to your account. When you sign in to your account again, you can start playing where you left off.